0.4 How to make the most of the program
What defines a successful career in franchise ownership?
Everyone defines success differently, and the only definition that matters is your own. Everyone joining this program comes from a different place in life, yet what you all have in common is that you're interested in a career in franchise ownership. Owning a franchise is about creating a lifestyle and career that works for you, and a successful career in owning a franchise can look like whatever you want it to be.
I say this now because we want you to start the program with an open mind about what success could look like for you personally. Many people start the program with preconceived notions of what they want and what they are capable of. The truth is that franchise ownership is hard and filled with many ups and downs, but if you lean into the community around you and follow the proven playbook I've created, you'll find that owning a franchise is one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.
Tips for getting the most from the program
- You will get out what you put in. The more effort and energy you put into the process, the more value you'll get out of it.
- Block time on your calendar. Block time on your calendar for when you will complete your program assignments and honor this time as you would an important work meeting. If you're in a crunch for time, it's better to draft your work than to skip it entirely quickly!
- Avoid "analysis paralysis." This is when you get stuck in your own head, overanalyzing and making very little actual progress. We've intentionally limited how much time you should allow yourself to work on any given activity. Progress over perfection!
- Reach out when you need help. We're here to support you throughout this process. Don't hesitate to reach out if you are struggling, confused, or just need some feedback!
Our expectations of you
To get the most value from your program experience, you'll need to do the following:
- Complete all modules and assignments on time. The program moves quickly, so plan ahead and keep up!
- Attend your Team meetings. Things may come up, but you've made a commitment, and others are counting on you!
- Complete the weekly feedback surveys so we know how you're doing and can help you if you're struggling.
The following are some guidelines that will help ensure that you and your peers have a great experience throughout the program:
- Be aware of how much space you’re taking. Make sure your voice gets heard, but don't dominate the conversation.
- Be gracious when someone offers you an idea or suggestion. Assume good intentions; everyone is here to help each other, so be grateful for the support, even if not all of it is immediately helpful.
- Respect confidentiality. Don't share other participants' stories or personal information with anyone else.
How to reach your Program Manager
We are here to support you throughout this process! If you're ever feeling stuck, confused, or disappointed, we want to hear from you. We're committed to making sure you get tremendous value from this experience, but we can't help if we don't know there's an issue.
Your Program Manager for the program is Ashley Artrip. You can reach her on Slack or by emailing [email protected]
Please feel free to reach out to your Program Manager for any of the following reasons:
- You need tech support with any of the tools we use in the program
- You have a question or want feedback on an assignment you're working on
- You're feeling stuck or frustrated and need some support
- You're not getting the value you expected from the program